Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Let's Play Star Wars!

Bubba has learned to "play Star Wars" from his cousins and his big kid friends the Hevesy's. The other day he was holding Luke Skywalker (which was his daddy's when he was little) and was having his own conversation with him.

Then he said to me, "I Luke, Mama".

I was holding his baby sister and so I said, "Can baby Charli be Princess Leah?" I was trying to make the role playing connection that Luke and Leah were brother and sister in the movies. (For the uneducated)

Then I was hoping he would make the connection and ask me to be Queen Amidala who was their mom in the movie.

But of course he said, "Mom, you Yoda".

Lovely. Thanks a lot. I guess I should be glad that he didn't say Jaba the Hut.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Well, you could look at it this way, Yoda is very wise...he's probably the smartest person? in the movie. Yoda, freakish with a horrendous complexion, yet still alive after 6 movies. Queen Amadala, gorgeous...dead after like 2 movies.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'm with Karen on this one. Yoda is definitely cooler than Queen Amadala.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home