Friday, June 24, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite

A few months ago, I was watching Napoleon Dynamite and bubba got really into it. I would have thought that he would have been bored to death, but he proved me wrong. He sat through the whole thing. I skipped the "anger" and "slapping" scenes, just to be safe.

It was so funny, because he really liked Uncle Rico. Every time the scene would change, he would say, "Where Unca Rico go, Mama?"

About 3 months after he watched the movie, my brother Jake was playing the soundtrack on his computer. I told him to play the "Uncle Rico" song without bubba hearing me say that. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, it's this funky bass and electric guitar song that sounds pretty 70's-ish. Anyways, I said to bubba, "What song is this?"

He said, "Unca Rico!"

I about fell out of my chair, because we hadn't spoken of Unca Rico since he saw the movie. Hopefully his obsession with him has faded away. You see, Unca Rico wasn't really the good guy of the movie. He was pretty proud and thought he could throw a football "over them mountains".

11 Comments:

Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Sweet! Man if only it was 1982 again! Jack is a boy after my own heart. He knows what's important.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Uncle Rico has better hair than Spiderman. That's all I'm saying.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Hevesy can have her say, I can have a say too!

I'm just glad Bubba was infatuated with Unca Rico and not that dumb blonde, Summer!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Vote For Pedro!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'm personally a fan of the happy hands club performance. Does Bubba know that song yet?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Karen Hevesy said...

Love...it is a flower.... My kids are like what the heck does that mean?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Don't tell Jason but we spent almost an entire caregroup breaking up over Napolean Dynamite. Only one person had to say, "Gawsh!" and that was it. The rest of the night was a laugh fest. Glad we didn't have visitors. That's all I can say.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Ok, so Miguel and I WERE visitors at the Napoleon caregroup. WE hadn't seen the movie and were quite afraid of EVERYONE there! We vowed never to return again. =)

7:29 AM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

That's RIGHT! I forgot. You were there to check out the spiritual depth of everyone before making a decision, huh? And you chose us. Makes me nervous about the competition.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Okay, don't tell the caregroup leaders that the staff caregroup also spent almost an entire...wait...several almost entire caregroups laughing over Napoleon Dynamite. Except the Mangrums. I will spare them any guilt by association.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Zoanna said...

Have Mangrums just never seen it or do they appreciate humor of a higher caliber?
Some say love, it is a river...yeh, Karen, my kids sing it clueless, too.

Peace.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home