Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Telephone


I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone in this area.

As soon as I start talking on the phone, my kids turn into wild monkeys. It's bizarre! It's like they know that I'm not paying full attention to them and they kind of go into that psycho mode. That's why I keep my phone conversations to a minimum when they're awake. I think I spend most of my time on the phone asking them to "be quiet please".

Well, I think this happens a lot, because the other day I was in my bedroom getting Charli ready for bed. I was tickling her and making her laugh and we were definitely being loud. Well Bubba came over with his play phone on his ear and looked at me so serious and he said, "Excuse me Mama, but could you be quiet please?"

So to set a good example for him, I said, "Sure honey, I'll be quiet so you can talk on the phone." I don't think he's learned from my example yet, but we're working on it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Zoanna said...

Too cute! And so polite. Let us know how the "modeling" of quiet goes, okay? I remember the first time Ben imitated me when he was about 7 years old, but his hand motions did all the talking. He banged his index finger against his lips, he scowled, he snapped his fingers and pointed at me. Well, I was really cracking up after a while. They don't miss a beat, do they?

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home